Well you would have thought that the cold front would have motivated the snows at Grand Pass and Squaw Creek to move somewhere warmer but I am here tell you all it did was move them around they are still right where they were in Missouri. Season Opens February 1, 2012
- When hunting snow geese, the more calls you have the better. Try using two electronic calls plus your mouth call.
- Nebraska, Iowa, Northwest Missouri, South Dakota and North Dakota are some of the most popular states for spring snow goose hunting.
- Gun Loads (for 12-Guages): 3-inch BB, BBB, or T-Shot in steel. In Bismuth and Tungsten, BBs and 2s are the loads of choice.
- Choke: improved to full, depending on how your gun patterns with the large loads.
- Call your state Wildlife Agency for general information on season dates, regulations, and snow goose staging areas.
- For detailed tips on hunting spring snows, check out Ron Spomer’s article, “Strategies for Spring Snows,” in the Jan./Feb. issue of DU Magazine.
- Decoying: Most guides use 1,000 or more decoys, but if you aren’t going with a guide, 400 to 600 decoys will do the trick.
- Arrange decoys in a teardrop shape, large at one end and small at the other with your blind in the center.
- If the geese aren’t coming all the way to your decoys, switch from white clothes to camouflage and set up 100 yards downwind of your decoys.
- Scouting is key. Try to hunt a field that birds were in the night before.
- Flags and wind socks add movement to a decoy spread. Some hunters also use black and white balloons attached to poles to create the same effect.
Snow Goose Chasers
Call NOW! Before we are booked!
Booking Snow Goose Hunts
- Pit Blind Hunts NOW available! In the bottoms less than 1 mile from Squaw Creek NWR
- Guided Spring Snow Goose Hunts in Mound City. Missouri
- Book and Hunt for $175 per hunter/ per day (30 mins. before sunrise)
- Pit Blind Hunts Available
- Fully guided hunt in stalked cornfields with over 1500 decoys in each spread including Avery full body decoys, silo socks, flyers, E-callers
- NO LIMITS, NO PLUGS
- Visit Snow Goose Chasers
Snow Goose Chasers – Guided Spring Snow Goose Hunts – Come experience the storm !
NOW BOOKING – Spring Snow Goose Hunts – Missouri
Premium Package 1 – Spring Snow Goose Hunt
– full day hunt ( 30 mins. before sunrise)
– fully guided field hunt
- $175.00 per hunter / per day.
We provide all equipment, blinds, callers, decoys 600 Full Body Decoys (GHG, Avery, Bigfoot, ect. ) 10 -75 Silosock Flyers. Also silosocks, shell decoys and floaters if needed. We do everything you just show up and hunt.
Decoy Spreads Available
- 600 full body decoys, 500 sillosocks, over 30 flyers -hilltop cornfield
- 1500 Sillosocks, up 50 flyers – to go spread (go where the snow goose are at)
- 750 shells decoys (Avery 5/8s, full size, and motion shells) 300 – 500 sillo socks- pit blind style
- over 15 location that we can hunt in the Mound City / Squaw Creek NWR area
Exclusive Fields Available
Kwik Zone – NOW OPENING at 5:30am
- Conservation Licenses
908 State St
Mound City, MO 64470
Phone: (660) 442-3600
Lodging – Mound City, Missouri
GUIDED SPRING SNOW GOOSE HUNTS OVER LARGE GHG FULLBODY DECOY SPREADS IN MISSOURI
- Hunt over large GHG fullbody snow goose decoy spreads and sillosocks
- Goosegetter electronic callers
- Top notch laydown ground blinds
- Custom motion decoys, flyers, and rotary machines
- Professional Waterfowl Guides who have been hunting snows their entire lives.
- Average of 40+ birds a day with numerous 100+ days Guaranteed Quality Hunts At Affordable Rates
Snow Goose Hunting is what we live for at Snow Goose Chasers Guide Service! We strive to be the best in the business at what we do and that decoy snows!!!! Current Special in Feb. $175.00 per. For more information or to book your hunt please give us a call or visit our website… Snow Goose Chasers Guide Service http://www.snowgoosechasers.com 855-473-2875
Spring Snow Goose hunts available February through March. Full Body Avery GHG decoys, Silo Socks, flyers and custom eletronic callers. $150 per hunter / per day.
Call 855-473-2875 To Book Your Hunt!